Talk of Life

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

VM and Feminism, part 2: It's Academic

Any VM fans out there in the Atlanta area? Apparently I'm not the only one interested in talking about Veronica Mars and feminism, and it's quite the hot topic.

In April the Popular Culture Association will be having its annual conference and, I kid you not, here is one of the lectures:

"We used to be friends": Third-Wave
Feminism and Veronica Mars
Tim Burke, University of South Florida


The conference is at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis and the VM lecture will be on Thursday, April 13. I am actually very interested in attending this, but is this worth taking a day off work to hear some academic wax about VM and feminism? The conference is full of interesting sounding lectures, though. Just scroll through the full Conference Program for more. Buffy, BSG, even Desperate Housewives, you name it, it's all there. Buffy, of course, is very well represented.

If they are giving out Ph.Ds for studies in Buffy and Veronica now, I think it's time for me to head back to school. I definitely made the wrong decision by going to law school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home