Talk of Life

Thursday, December 22, 2005

EW's Best of 2005 List

The special year-end double issue of Entertainment Weekly: Best of 2005 (and Worst of 2005) comes out tomorrow (I think anyway) and this is their list of the Top 10 TV Shows of 2005:


1. Arrested Development (Fox)
2. Bodies (BBC America)
3. Lost (ABC)
4. The Staircase (Sundance)
5. Entourage (HBO)
6. Veronica Mars (UPN)
7. Stella/Wonder Showzen (Comedy Central/MTV2)
8. Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel (HBO)
9. Everwood (WB)
10. Prison Break (Fox)

Only four shows are repeats from last year's list:

Arrested Development
Lost
Veronica Mars
Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel


My personal TiVo Season Pass list has VM, AD and Lost in that order with Everwood hovering around number 4, so I'm pretty much in agreement with those choices. I like Prison Break and Entourage a lot also and The Staircase was fantastic, although it's not really a "TV show." It was actually a documentary shown in several parts. But absolutely mesmerizing from start to finish.

Interestingly, not only does current "hot" show Grey's Anatomy fail to make the EW Best of 2005 list, but the lead character of Meredith Grey is singled out as being number one on the "Worst" list. That's kind of funny. I happen to like GA a lot and it follows Everwood on my SP list, but I agree that Meredith is sort of a pill.

Also, I noticed that NBC and CBS do not have any shows on the list but the WB and UPN each get one and Fox has two. Wow, times have changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home